It’s that magical time of year when you’re forced to pull together the most-amazing-costume-ever at 9:23pm the night before Halloween. So we thought we’d help out this year with a Trick AND a Treat.
Here’s your trick. 4 simple steps for improvising a last-minute Halloween costume.
1) Hit the 24-hour grocery for black eyeliner, a headband and black construction paper.
2) Make cat ears with the headband and construction paper.
3) Draw whiskers on your face with eyeliner.
4) Brainstorm your favorite CAT word and add appropriate props. Grab the dictionary for some help. Think catatonic, catastrophe, catalytic converter, catalyst, cat litter and so on. Or just pick up your guitar & go as folk musician Cat Stevens! (see picture at top)
Now, here’s a treat. We compiled our survey results from last month and wanted to share the highlights — so you can see what’s on your colleagues’ minds these days.
Hot business topics that keep us up at night:
- Disruption + new, smaller vendors upsetting the market
- Using the Cloud for collaboration
- Leadership, conflict and accountability
Newsletters & blogs we’re reading every week:
Favorite DuMore Improv workshops:
- Storytelling for Business
- Fearless Presentation Skills
- Emotional Intelligence and Improv EQ
Get to work on your amazing cat costume. Then post your costume photos on our Facebook page to let us all know how it turned out. Meow!
Allison & Elizabeth